2017年5月14日日曜日

May 2017 TOUGH BOY [90s FIGHT] - FIGHTING IN THE NINETIES

It's May. Shinny sunlight, leaves gradually turning into deep green, and some rainy days. Gene? Gene spent almost all weekend of April and May on editing several cover songs and playmobil video. Please check them on YouTube or affiliate blog "playmobil 75mm".

Anyway, here is my latest work, which is actually still in progress because I just found two problems when I carefully listened to it, but as a public beta version, this is also on YouTube because I just wanted it to be an article... nope, a play title,  in May, the Mothers' Day.

"TOUGH BOY's 90s FIGHT - FIGHTING IN THE NINETIES"



Do you know this Japanese animation in 80s? The original title was "Hokuto no Ken", and in English it is probably known as "Fist of the North Star", which is literal meaning of the Japanese title but not my favor. I'm still seeking for the best words but not yet found.

Anyway.

This time, I featured the opening song for the second or maybe third season, and playmobils of my collection played roles of these legendary martial artists at the end of 20th century.

Hokuto brothers, Nanto 6 Stars, two out of Nanto 5 Guardians, Falco the Golden Man, and another brothers of Hokuto in the continent. And more.

"9075 Pirate with Wood Shield [playmo friends]",which has new muscular arms, gave me an inspiration so that I tried to reproduce this world of "after the final war" with playmobil.

I hope you'd find out who's who or would become a new fun!



The song, which was originally produced and played by the band called "Kodomo Band", but I heard the song initially had had different version of lyrics. My favorite was the animation Op version. Or to me, this Op version is the song. It features 90s while the original themed the 80s. The Op version directly featured the story while the original is said to have used more general themes and words of real life.

In my cover version, the introduction, which is tweaked to be long mix, introduces the world of thugs and powers. If you're not familiar with this animation, please imagine the world like Mad Max ;-). Sequentially, the first half illustrates the first season of the animation. The second half covers the rest of the story... as long as my memory works fine..

The English lyrics is my trial. I just tried to translate the Op version's Japanese lyric so that you can feel the essence. The problem is my rhythm, intonation and accent of English. Very Asian. Need to practice more, and fix it!

I wish I can publish final version as soon as possible. My big challenge is a vocal part. Even though I tweak it by BOSS Vocal Effector VE-20 and audio effects of Ableton Live, I'm not a good singer and a natural born Asian. I still fight.. But I must keep me burning!! ;-)



.. And The Newer Version Has Come!

May 21st, 2017